Learn to Know
The Mount Zion Assembly of Jah
LEARN TO KNOW
Reading: Matthew 11:20-30
1. The Word of JAH
Have you ever wondered why the Holy Scriptures (Holy Bible) is the world's most misunderstood book? Why its teachings are ignored or branded as being obsolete?
The answer is, because comparatively few people believe that the Holy Scriptures are the Words of The Creator. To be sure, many agree that the Scriptures contain classic passages and that it's the world's bestseller: but the Words of JAH the Orijahnator! No they cannot accept that. And yet the fact is, if you want to be a really educated man or woman, and I mean really educated, then the first thing you must learn is this: the Holy Scriptures, which is popularly called the Holy Bible, is indeed the Words of the Creator of the Universe. It wasn't the product of human intelligence.
The Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit: every book, every chapter, every sentence and every word was Jah-breathed. That is the first fact you will do well to accept if you really want to know.
2 Peter 1:20-21
- 20: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21: For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of Jah spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
2. Why was the Scripture Given?
The Most High has a specific purpose in giving His Word. It is not a book one would read for just mere entertainment: it must be read to discover that Holy purpose.
2 Timothy 3:16
- All scripture is given by inspiration of Jah, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Did you notice those 4 important points from that verse…..?
: A principle, or set of principles and beliefs held by a religious, political or other group.
: An expression of condemnation for a fault or offence.
: An alteration being made to something that was incorrect.
Instruction in Righteousness
: The process of teaching what is morally right.
In other words, the Scriptures were given to define moral behaviour acceptable to the Abbah, to point out sin, to correct error, to teach us what we should do in order to be righteous, like the Father is righteous. That is why I feel the Scriptures were given to me.
3. Do I need the Scriptures?
Do I need correction? Most people think they're well near perfect. “Others may need correction” they say: “but not me!” Speaking through the prophet Jeremijah the Adonay says this about the self-deceiving human heart - your heart - my heart!
- The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
Daniel 9:4-15 - We have sinned ... neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets ... to us belongeth confusion of face ... because we have sinned against thee ... we have rebelled against Him ... Neither have we obeyed the voice of Jah our Maker ... Yea all Israel have sinned.
- ... Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Master of Hosts.
- But he (the Messiah) answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of JAH.
Oh yes, I need the Scriptures. You need the Scriptures. We all need the Scriptures! because we have all sinned and we cannot live by bread alone. Every religious group and political party needs the Scriptures for doctrine, for reproof, for correction in righteousness. The reason why this world is in such a mess is because mankind in general has rejected the Truths of the Scriptures. In rejecting the Scriptures man has rejected its, Author, the Saviour and the holy laws, which define sin and teach us how we ought to conduct human society.
4. How should I Study the Scriptures?
Read it prayerfully with the sole intention of meeting these objectives:
To learn right from wrong
To recognize sin within your own heart.
To understand what the Maker is doing.
And to become righteous - like Our Abbah (Father) is righteous.
King David was called `a man after JAH'S own heart.' Why? What special quality did this shepherd have that earned him this description? I believe the answer is found in this verse.
“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.”
David treasured the Holy One's law more than any other possession. He loved and thought about it day and night. Read Psalm 119 for proof of this amazing fact. David constantly prayed to understand JAH'S law: to plumb the depths of each command.
Remember what Peter wrote in 2 Peter 1:20-21, that both the prophecy and the understanding of prophecy come from The Most High. In other words we can no more understand a holy prophecy than we can deliver one. Both the prophecy and the understanding must come from above. So pray for understanding like king David did. It will be given you in response to your true reaction to JAH'S law. You will either see or you will not see. You will either understand, or the message will pass you by even were it thundered in your ears a thousand times.
The study of JAH'S Word, and in particular the study of His law, will make you humble, wise, happy and content. You too could become a man or woman after JAH'S own heart. He will react to your innermost yearnings just as He did to king David's. He will open your eyes to see wondrous things out of His law. But more importantly, He will grant you the fruits of true understanding: obedience, peace, happiness and joy in your own soul.
This means that we must not read the Scriptures with the intention of proving others wrong: or even with the apparently noble aim of teaching others. Because, as far as you - and I - are concerned, your Scriptures were not written for other people. It was written for you. My Scriptures were written for me. His Scripture was written for him. Her Scripture was written for her. Do you get the point?
If you read the Scriptures with the wrong motive, it will not benefit you one iota. Most, if not all, your studies will be a waste of time, vain and futile. You will certainly fill your mind with facts; which you could use to bash others over the head and show them how much Scripture you know: but as far as your eternal salvation is concerned, that will profit you nothing! You'll be wasting your time……believe me.
Instead, you should read the Scriptures as though The Most High were speaking directly to you. To be sure there are parts which you may think do not apply to you. After all you and I are perfect aren't we? The fact is that Holy diagnosis is critical. Do not skip over it. Pray for spiritual eyesight to understand what The Most High is saying to you through those very verses.
Read the ALL of the Scriptures, the whole thing: alternating between the Old and New Testament books. Read at least a chapter a day and chew over the contents - all the while asking yourself What has my Heavenly Abbah to say to me today? What doctrine? What correction? What instruction in righteousness?
Add to your studies a holy respect for the Almighty JAH! Fear Him! for He is a High and Holy Person; and though He is your Heavenly Father, treat Him with the utmost respect. ….May I say, honour your Father and Mother.
- The fear of JAH is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
5. The Scriptures Interprets Itself
Remember that the Scriptures interpret itself. Obscure, symbolic passages in one of its books are explained elsewhere in simple terms. As with all good instructional literature, the Scriptures are packed with illustrations and examples. In the first five books of the Scriptures we find all the laws JAH gave mankind through His servant Moshea (Moses). Then there follows book after book of examples of how the Abbah reacts to His people's behaviour regarding those laws. It clearly shows us how He reacts to:
Idolatry and Covetousness
Blasphemy and Religious hypocrisy.
Sabbath-breaking and not honouring is Holy Appointed Times
Family and Assembly responsibilities
Adultery and Unlawful Sexual practices.
Murder, Theft, Deception and Greed etc.
It's all there: the commands in the first books, the prophetic warnings and living examples of how the Most High reacts are in the other books. You will not find many ethical decisions you have to face in life which are not dealt with in the Scriptures: because the Most High has not only told us how He wants us to live, but He has also included examples in His word of what will happen if we do not. It is folly of the worst kind to imagine that one can ignore the directions and commands of the Almighty JAH and get away with it.
6. Assemble all the Texts
Believers spend hours arguing about doctrine. Many make the mistake of trying to find texts that support what they think is the truth. They conceive an idea and then spend hours trying to find texts to support it. Instead, we should study all the texts we can find on a given subject before deciding what to believe. Invest in a Scripture (Bible) Concordance: it will enable you to study many texts on a given subject. If time allows, look up as many texts as you can. Then, after prayerfully studying them, see what the Scripture is saying on that subject.
Don't try to teach the Scriptures or fit your idea into it: but rather humbly and earnestly learn from it. It is JAH'S Word: and it has a great deal to teach you. The Holy Scriptures (Holy Bible) is our life's USER GUIDE: read it every day. In critical matters, that is, in those areas where a mistaken opinion could result in sin, be extra careful. Don't delude yourself into excusing your own sins: because on the Day of Judgement - and possibly even earlier - you'll regret it.
7. Truth at Two Levels
Most Scripture truths are portrayed on two levels.
This is the first level we humans can see and easily understand. It involves literal, physical things like nations, landmasses, trees, animals, fish, individuals and their possessions.
This higher level contains the real lessons the Adonay Jah is eager to teach us. It involves concepts, principles, motives, thoughts and all the other activities, which go to make up human character. To explain lessons on this level the Master often used parables, which are stories, based on first level physical examples. By using a physical level object lesson the Saviour expounded high-level truths which are normally not grasped by the human mind.
A text that triggers this awareness of how the Messijah conveys information on these two levels is:
1 Corinthians 10:11 - Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world have come.
This means that most, if not all, the experiences recorded in the Old Testament (and possibly even the New) have a wider, higher, spiritual application. They occurred in those ancient days on the physical level; but were recorded `for our admonition' for our learning! because they are `real-life prophecies' of earth-encompassing realities scheduled to take place on a massive scale in our day - upon whom the ends of the world have come.
This means that when you read an Old Testament story, besides learning the obvious moral lessons it contains, look beyond the literal story and focus on the prophetic truth behind the story. If you do this - and if JAH opens your eyes - you will see the real lesson the story contains: the lesson the Most High wants you to see. Here are a few examples of high-level truths hidden in well-known Scripture stories:
The story of the Image of Gold in Daniel chapter 3. Here we saw how Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refused to bow down and worship the golden image, even though they were threatened with death in a fiery furnace. Now compare this story with the end-time prophecy of Revelation 13:15-16
where all who refuse to worship the image of the beast
should be killed. The first experience is more than a story. It is a prophetic drama
for our time: because soon we'll be faced with the same alternatives: worship the image of gold and you can buy and sell. Or refuse to worship and face economic sanctions and apparent death.
The call-out of JAH'S people to separate from the evils and erroneous doctrines of Babylon in Jeremiah chapters 50 & 51.
Again, compare these passages with the call-out to separate from Babylon in the book of the Revelation
- And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit ... Come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues ... Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city: for one hour is thy judgement come…
8. Scripture Translations & other Aids
Currently there are over 100 English translations of the Scriptures and over 300 of the New Testament! Many in the world use and quote from these translations, incorrectly supposing that they're all the Word of JAH. But they are wrong. Not all are the Words of The Most High.
Some may be easier to understand due to it using modern English, but the truth is that these modern translations have been seriously watered down over the centuries. People may prefer to read these versions for ease of reading in modern English, but most if not all have distorted and moved away from the original texts and are NOT the word of JAH.
Bible Dictionaries & Concordances
In my opinion, Scriptural dictionaries are a better investment than Bible Commentaries - mentioned below. I use two concordances: Strong's and Cruden's. I also use a Scriptural Dictionary to help research various information.
These are expensive and often reflect one particular denomination's or only the author's views. They do not compare with direct hands on approach with directly the Scriptures Only.
8. Make Notes
In the arena of learning, nothing exercises the mind more than writing down what you have learned. Try to get into the habit of writing down what you have learned. If necessary make notes in the margins of your Scriptures. Underline passages that impress you as being important. Set up your own reference system that will point you to a preceding or succeeding text that deals with the same subject.
Do not be afraid of ruining the pages: because when you write something down on paper, you are in fact writing it on your mind. Keep a Note book and write down the things you have learned. If you have a computer, so much the better; because you will then be able to update your work regularly.
9. Practice Truth
In the book of Daniel there is a vital clue to understanding end-time prophecy.
- 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10: Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried: but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
What is this text saying? It is saying that understanding will not be given to the wicked (disobedient), `none of the wicked shall understand:' but understanding is given to the righteous, to those who have been purified, made white and tried. In other words, true understanding is not a matter of human intellect, education, will power or finance. True wisdom and understanding are gifts JAH to those who do His will.
The sincere desire to know and obey JAH'S law is the very first step towards true wisdom and understanding. Conversely, the path of wickedness leads inevitably to ignorance, confusion and folly.
- But the path of the just is a shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
This means that if you really want to know, you must Trust and Obey JAH: and as you do this your path will become brighter and brighter as time proceeds. You will learn more and more, not only about human nature and its follies, but of JAH'S plans, His methods and His aims and, perhaps, even His motives. For you, life will not become a confused mess, as it is with so many people, but a glorious journey with JAH as your pilot.
10. Secret Things
JAH has many things He wants to reveal to the human race. But, alas! Most are hidden from our understanding. Not because the Adonay wants us to remain in the dark, but because advanced knowledge is a powerful thing. Without holiness, inner strength and experience, knowledge can produce terror, pride or doubt.
For example, if at the start of our adult lives the Most High told us everything that lay ahead, we might give up our faith through sheer terror. Or we might become puffed up with pride at our advanced knowledge. Or, with our limited experience, we may even doubt His love, His wisdom and His power. That is why He only reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets: and even they often failed to understand His purposes. Through the prophets we who are really interested, have the opportunity to Learn to Know.
- Surely the Almighty JAH will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.
If you really want to learn what The Most High is planning to do, you'll need to study what the Most High has already revealed to His servants the prophets: that is - the Scripture Prophets. All that we need to know is already recorded in their writings.
There are, however, certain things which the Adonay does not want us to know. They are secret.
- The secret things belong unto Jah our Most High: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
There are certainly secrets that Jah has, we have maybe pondered them, and to these questions of privacy there are convincing answers: but right now we don't have them all. But one day we shall know. The Apostle Paul wrote:
1 Corinthians 13:12
- For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as I am known.
That brings us to the end of this lesson entitled Learn to Know. In your search for knowledge I have spoken of the few guidelines, which through the years have helped me learn the little that I know. I trust that they will help you also. Let me end by summarizing the points I have brought to your attention:
1. The Scriptures are the Words of JAH, the Holy One of Abraham, Isaac and Israel. Every word is Jah-breathed and must be understood with the help of the same Holy Spirit who inspired it in the first place.
2. The Scripture was given for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that we might grow to become like our Father in Heaven.
3. We all need the Scriptures because we are all ignorant sinners and can't live by bread alone. The Scriptures is life's User Guide. It is our spiritual food.
4. The Scriptures should be studied with much prayer: not with the intention of proving others wrong, but to improve your own performance.
5. The Scriptures interprets itself: difficult issues in one passage are plainly explained in others. The Scriptures never contradicts itself. It is after all - the Most High's Word! No doubt there are mistranslations and outright deceptive insertions, and serious students of the Scriptures must diligently seek all these errors out. I have learned that errors aren't errors because one says it is, but however, it is all the overwhelming scriptural evidence of a doctrine that exposes these as I said before “mistranslations and errors”.
6. To understand a particular teaching you must assemble all the texts on that subject before making a judgement. In this way you will not be sidetracked into error or scriptural delusion.
7. Scripture truths often come on two levels: the tangible low level which we can see and hear: and the abstract high level which deals with moral concepts and eternal realities. As a believer living in the end-time you should seek to learn the high level truths JAH has hidden in every story in His Word.
8. For serious Scriptural Studies the use of the King James Version is recommended. It is the real Word of Jah for the English-speaking world. Bible Concordances and Dictionaries are more useful than Bible Commentaries, which usually reflect the beliefs of individuals or denominations.
9. Practice Truth. True understanding is only given to the righteous. The wicked, by comparison, shall never understand. They may read, but will be forever learning and never understanding.
10. At the moment we do not have all the answers. Many things are still secret. But one day we shall know as we are known.
This brings me to my final point. The accumulation of knowledge is, in itself, not enough. You must Learn to Know JAH and His Son Jahshuwah the Messiah. You must also learn to obey Jah in thought, word and deed. The Scriptures are simply a spiritual road map directing you to those two objectives: to know and to obey the Adonay and His Son.
Put differently we may say: Trust and Obey: or
`Fear Jah and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.'
I'll end this lesson with the words of the Saviour, the Son of the Most High.
- 28: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29: Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30: For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
In Jahshuwah's Name for JAH'S Glory!!
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
5 Kanarick Crescent
M3L 1P3 Canada