Reading: Psalm 94
The cry of millions of sufferers through the ages has been "Where is Jah? What is He doing about the evil, sickness, sorrow and death currently swamping humanity? If He exists and is all-powerful, as we are constantly being told, then why doesn't He do something to stop the earth's ills?"
1. Vengeance Belongeth unto Jah
The Psalmist had similar queries. But he was a spiritual analyst who arrived at amazing answers. Let us examine his questions and answers, which he recorded for our benefit. His first point is:
Vengeance Belongeth unto Jah
- O JAH Almighty, to whom vengeance belongeth; O Jah, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. 2 - Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud. 3 - JAH, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
Jah exacts vengeance against all unrepentant sinners in direct proportion to their guilt. But He has set a time for His vengeance. He never acts hastily but first waits to see if the sinner requests pardon. His method is to first offer mercy; then if sin persists - to punish. Last of all He deals out vengeance. The following Scripture verses prove that Jah has and will punish evildoers.
- Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
- To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence…
Verse 43 - Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.
Isaiah 61:2 - To proclaim the acceptable year of Jah, and the day of vengeance of our Jah; to comfort all that mourn;
Isaiah 63:4 - For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
Romans 12:19 - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Master.
2 Thessalonians 1:7 - And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Adonay Jahoshuwah shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8: In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not Jah, and that obey not the gospel of our Adonay Jahoshuwah the Messijah:
Hebrews 10:30 - For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Master. And again, The Master shall judge his people. 31: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living Jah.
These are sobering facts which the enemies of the Messijah and the Jahspel do well to consider; because a day of terrifying vengeance is fast approaching.
2. How Long O Jah?
Still, the inevitable question is: How long do we have to wait for Jah to act? Why does He take so long to do things? Why is evil on the upsurge and Jah so silent? The world is crying out for action - soon!
In Psalm 94 the same questions are asked.
- JAH, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph? 4: How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves? 5: They break in pieces thy people, O JAH, and afflict thine heritage. 6: They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless. 7: Yet they say, Jah shall not see, neither shall the Jah of Jahcob regard it.
The answer is: The Almighty will remain silent till His time of grace is ended. He is allowing plenty of time for evil men to repent and be saved. He doesn't want any one to die if there is even a small chance that they might repent. That is why He doesn't act straight away. The Scripture says:
2 Peter 3:9
- The Master is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.
Jah is patiently waiting for people to repent and accept His free gift of salvation through Jahoshawah His Son. His love compels Him to hold back his frustration and anger at mankind's unwillingness to change its ways.
But when He finally decides that `enough is enough' then the universe will witness a display of vengeance beyond all imagination. So let us all stop questioning Jah's reluctance to punish iniquity. It is because of His enormous patience that all of us alive today have obtained mercy and salvation. Had He acted in vengeance years ago, I for one would never even have “hope” to see the Kingdom of Heaven.
3. Jah Knows
Jah knows absolutely everything. If He wanted to He could look into every secret of your life. But He respects your privacy and doesn't pry into men's minds unless He has to. Then he is able to measure and analyze every motive, every thought, every word and every deed. The Psalmist acknowledged this fact.
- He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? 10: He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? 11: Jah knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
4. Jah Punishes / Teaches
The Most High disciplines all those whom He loves. But do not mistake His discipline or mild punishment (discipline) for vengeance. Discipline is applied as a means of instruction. Vengeance is another matter.
Holy vengeance is the unrestrained, final retribution of Jah on the unrighteous. It will come unmixed with mercy and will end in eternal death for the unrepentant sinner.
Holy chastisement is a different matter. It is the lot of all the sons and daughters of Jah. We are all in need of correction, discipline and instruction from Jah's law. These measures improve one's character, and reward, discipline and punishment are instructional tools.
Psalm 94:12 - Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O JAH, and teachest him out of thy law.
- Wherefore seeing we also are compassed
about with so great a cloud of witnesses
, let us lay aside
every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us
, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us
, 2: Looking unto Jahshuwah the author and finisher of our faith
; who for the joy that was set before him endured the crucifixion, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of Jah
. 3: For consider him that endured
such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4: Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin
. 5: And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children
, My son, despise not thou the chastening of Jah
, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him
: 6: For whom Jah loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth
.7: If ye endure chastening, Jah dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the Abbah (father) chasteneth not?
8: But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9: Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us
, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Abbah of spirits, and live? 10: For they verily for a few days chastened
us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness
. 11: Now no chastening
for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
5. Jah is Always With Us
Jah will never abandon His children. Though the enemy may scheme a million schemes, and though at times it may appear as though our feet are slipping, yet in the end Jah's people will be victorious. The reason for absolute victory is because….
“JAH is my defence; and my Jah is the rock of my refuge.”
Bear in mind that under Jahoshuwah the Messijah the Son of Jah, the righteous are being groomed to rule the entire universe.
Matthew 25:31 - When the Son of man shall com e in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34: Then shall the King (Jahoshawah) say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Abbah, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
- For Jah will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. 15: But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
6. Who Will Stand Against Evil?
The world is sick. Evil is apparently overwhelming good: and the forces of righteousness appear almost paralyzed. Resistance to evil is weak. Like the deadly disease of AIDS, spiritual apathy is devastating many individuals, groups, churches and assemblies. It is at this apparently hopeless time, when truth seems to be on the way out only to be supplanted by falsehood, that the Almighty asks this challenging question in Psalm 94:
Verse 16 - Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
Jah asks a similar question in the prophecy of Isaiah. Let me quote it:
- In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also Jah sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.2: Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.3: And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Jah of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.4: And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.5: Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Jah of hosts.6: Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:7: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.8: Also I heard the voice of Jah, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. 9: And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.10: Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Who is willing to expose Error? Who will stand up and speak for the Truth? Who is willing to enter the spiritual battle against Unrighteousness? Are you? Am I?
Paul, an apostle and servant of Jahoshuwah the Messijah exhorts all believers to be strong and to overcome evil with good; therefore fighting the good fight of faith.
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
1 Timothy 6:12
- Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Bear in mind that this is a spiritual war between good and evil and the world is the spiritual battlefield in which we live in. Your life is at stake; my life is at stake! We are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wickedness in high places; with Satan himself being the head. JAH the Holy One of Jahzrael (Israel) is our only defense against such an enemy, and only spiritual weapons from Jah can help us stand against the wiles of the devil; namely the whole armour of Jah.
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Adonay, and in the power of his might. 11: Put on the whole armour of Jah, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of Jah, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15: And your feet shod with the preparation of the jahspel of peace; 16: Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of Jah: 18: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Again the question is asked, who is willing to expose Error? Who will stand up and speak for the Truth? Who is willing to enter the spiritual battle against Unrighteousness? Are you? Am I?
If you are unwilling to fight in the good fight; if you are not interested in defending the Messijahn Assembly - which is the body of Jahoshuwah the Messijah, then you may well have that fearsome problem - spiritual AIDS!
But if your soul is being stirred at this very moment, then repeat Isaiah's answer with me:
“Then said I, Here am I; send me!”
7. The Attack & Defence
Satan and his team are very active in attacking Truth. One of their targets are those who proclaim Truth. In fact the more you present the Truth, the more hatred you will arouse in the hearts of the wicked. Sad to say, those are the facts that every preacher and follower of Jah has to learn.
- They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. 22: But Jah is my defence; and my Jah is the rock of my refuge.
Our holy commission is to proclaim the Everlasting Jahspel (Gospel) of salvation to a sin-sick world on the very brink of eternity. The nearer we get to the Saviour's return, the more earnestly we should proclaim the Jahspel. No matter how daunting that duty may appear to be and no matter how strong the opposition, always remember that Jah and His Son Jahoshuwah are with us - even to the end of the world. That is the Holy promise that cannot fail.
- And Jahshuwah came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in my name: 20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. So be it.
For more info contact:
The Mount Zion Assembly of Jah
5 Kanarick Crescent
Toronto, Ontario M3L 1P3 Canada