The dictionary defines the word 'grace' as Jah's loving mercy toward mankind. Many Christians wrongly believe that grace from The Maker of the Universe is a New Testament provision, which wasn't extended to the human race before the Saviour came to earth. They are mistaken. The fact is the Almighty's grace has been available to sinners since the fall of Adam. Every time a repentant sinner presented him/herself before Jah, grace and mercy were freely extended to that person. The following texts, and there are more, show that grace was available in Old Covenant (Testament) times.
Grace for Noah
- But Noah found grace in the eyes of Jah.
Grace for Lot
- And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, My Master: 19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die.
Grace for Moshea (Moses)
- And Moshea said unto Jah, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight. 13: Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people…16: For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth. 17: And Jah said unto Moshea, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
Exodus 34:9 - And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Jah, let my Adonay, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiff-necked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.
Grace for Gideon
- And he said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me.
Grace for David
- For Jah the Maker is a sun and shield: Jah will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Proverbs 3:34 - Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
Grace for the Exiles
- And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from Jah our Maker, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our Maker may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
Grace for Jahoshalem (Jerusalem)
Zechariah 12:10 - And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jahoshalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Grace for ALL Jahzrael (Israel)
Jeremiah 31:2 - Thus saith Jah, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.
1. Jah's Channel of Grace is His Son Jahshuwah
The finer point, which the New Covenant writers make, is that the grace of Jah, though present in former days, yea before the world began, was now channeled through the Saviour to all mankind. But it is still the grace of Jah and has existed as long as He has. The law was given through Moshea; and grace and truth came by Jahoshawah the Messijah.
2 Timothy 1:9 - Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in The Messijah Jahoshawah before the world began.
John 1:17 - For the law was given by Moshea, [and] grace and truth came by Jahoshawah the Messijah.
- For the grace of Jah that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.
1 Corinthians 1:4 - I thank my Jah always on your behalf, for the grace of Jah which is given you by Jahoshawah the Messijah.
- That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through The Messijah Jahoshawah.
In other words, the Apostles believed that any person of any race could find grace in Jah's sight just as the ancients had.
- But we believe that through the grace of the Adonay Jahoshawah the Messijah we shall be saved, even as they.
2. Justified by the Grace of Jah
No man is justified by obedience. We are justified by grace - through faith in the Ben (Son) of Jah. Obedience, no matter how perfect it may be, does not - yea cannot - blot out past sins (acts of disobedience). Sin can only be punished or forgiven: it cannot be ignored. Most certainly it cannot be justified by the sinner's subsequent obedience. When a repentant sinner comes to the Most High and confesses his/her sin, the Almighty forgives that sin: He extends grace to the sinner: but He does so at enormous expense.
Sin must be punished and that is why His Ben Jahoshawah died on Mount Calvary. He died to pay the price of sin: because sin cannot be ignored. Having borne the punishment for sin, Jah is then able to offer mercy to the repentant sinner. This process of mercy and forgiveness is called grace. Failure to accept Jah's mercy will result in eternal death; for the unrepentant sinner will then be required to face the penalty of his/her own sin.
To be justified means to stand before the Most High JUST-AS-IF-I'D never sinned. This is possible because of His love, mercy and grace, which are channeled through His Ben. In other words, we are justified by grace, through faith in Jahoshawah the Messijah.
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of Jah.
- That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
3. Grace / No License for Sin
It is, however, a grave error to suppose that having been forgiven or justified by grace through faith that we may henceforth continue in sin - in disobedience. Indeed, those who are under grace should be victors over sin. They should live holy lives. Sin should have no dominion over them. The very idea of breaking Jah's commandments (sinning) should become abhorrent to them.
- What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2: Jah forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?…14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? Jah forbid.
Hebrews 10:28 - He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of Jah, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith He was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
In view of these facts, you should not be deceived into thinking that because you are under grace, you no longer have to be obedient to the Ten Commandments, which includes the 7th Day Sabbath and the 7 Appointed Feasts of Jah. If anything, your obedience and faith should be all the more evident at this time.
- Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- As the Abbah (Father) hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10: If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Abbah's commandments, and abide in his love.
1 John 5:1-5
- Whosoever believeth that Jahoshawah is the Messijah is born of Jah: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2: By this we know that we love the children of Jah, when we love Jah, and keep his commandments. 3: For this is the love of Jah, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4: For whatsoever is born of Jah overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5: Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jahoshawah is the Ben of Jah?
- Here is the patience of the Jahzarenes (Saints): here are they that keep the commandments of Jah, and the faith of Jahoshawah.
PRAISE JAH for his goodness and mercy!
The Mount Zion Assembly of Jah
5 Kanarick Crescent
Toronto, Ontario M3L 1P3 Canada